The Dayton Ohio VA Medical Center is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic BC/BE general “Bread & Butter” Otolaryngologist (Ear, Nose & Throat) Surgeon for primarily outpatient practice opportunity, providing outpatient clinical care, surgical procedures, and occasional inpatient/overnight care and ENT consultations with multi-disciplinary team. The Medical Center has sharing agreements with Wright Patterson Air Force Base and eleven community hospitals, and sits on a 334-acre tract of land (including a National Cemetery), has 91 Acute Care Beds, 228 CLC Nursing Home Care and 115 Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (Domicilliary) Beds, and an active academic affiliation and partnership with the Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine. Work Schedule: Full-Time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, with flexible call responsibility.
- Must be a US Citizen (Non-Citizens May Be Considered)
- Must possess Current Active Unencumbered U.S. Medical License
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Otolaryngology Specialty
Known as “The Birthplace of Aviation”, Dayton Ohio, with a city population of 140,640 and a metropolitan population of a little over 800,000 and a reasonable cost of living, offers a revamped downtown area full of unique activities and suburbs that provide close-knit communities for the many who call the region home. As the hometown of first flyers Orville and Wilbur Wright, as well as the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio’s sixth-largest metro area is rich in aviation history. Aviation enthusiasts will appreciate the Dayton Aviation Heritage National Historical Park, the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force, and the Wright Brothers National Memorial. Those who enjoy spending time outdoors will find nearly 20 different metro parks and more than 330 miles of paved biking trails. Several historic neighborhoods and districts, a bike-share program and about a dozen craft and microbreweries add to Dayton’s cultural jewels.
- The VA supports a healthy work-life-family balance and robust benefits package
- Expected annual salary range of $260,000 - $320,000 depending on credentials
- Annual Performance Pay Bonus up to $15,000 available
- Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP) Award of up to $200,000 possible
- Paid Time Off: 26 Days’ Vacation, 13 Days Sick and 10 Federal Holidays with pay
- Medical-Dental-Vision-Life insurance plans and Flexible Health Spending Accounts available
- Federal Employees Retirement System and Thrift Savings Plan with 5% matching
About the VA:
The Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
For more information and to discuss your interests:
Please forward copy of your CV and Cover Letter, summarizing your background, education, training, clinical practice, credentials and interests, to Dave Aragon, VA National Healthcare Recruiter.