First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is looking to employ a full time Palliative Care physician to join our Supportive Care team on the West Coast of Florida.
Sarasota is recognized as one of the best places in the country to live, work and raise a family due to a healthy business scene, outstanding schools, and thriving recreational and cultural opportunities. Located on Florida’s Southwest Gulf Coast, Sarasota County is famous nationwide for the Ringling Museum, white-sand beaches, great restaurants, outdoor recreation, land and water sports, theater and much more.
Sarasota Memorial is a CMS 5-Star rated hospital in Florida for its overall quality. It is the only hospital in Florida and one of just 52 across the nation to maintain their top rating since 2016. It has been named among the Top 100 Hospitals in US, the top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals in US in 2021, and it received an "A" Grade for Patient Safety in 2020. Additionally, it has been named a U.S. News High Performer in 2020-2021.
In November 2021, SMHCS will open a new 110-bed acute-care hospital in Venice, Florida to serve the needs of the growing Venice community.
Additionally, SMHCS is opening the Brian D. Jellison Cancer Institute on the campus of Sarasota Memorial Hospital in November 2021. It will be a 170,000 sq. ft. building with 56 private suites for hospitalized cancer patients, nine (9) operating rooms with two dedicated robotic surgery suites and integrative care services offering patient navigation and family/caregiver support. A Radiation Oncology Center with two linear accelerators opened in September 2020, and two Outpatient Cancer Pavilions will be built on the campus of Sarasota Memorial Hospital and the new Venice Hospital in the near future.
About the position:
- Join (2) Palliative Care Physicians and 2.5 APP’s
- Position is due to the anticipated growth of the service line from opening the new hospital in Venice and the new Cancer Institute.
- Growing program that is well supported by the hospital and referring physicians.
- Full time position with a flexible schedule.
- 40 hours a week to include some weekends.
- No call, consulting service only.
- Physicians average 6 patients per day.
- Duties will include supervising APPs and leading team meetings.
- Will work closely with Hospice Services.
- Private office for the Supportive Care team.
- Teaching opportunity with the FSU Hospice & Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program.
- BC/BE and Fellowship trained in Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Graduate of an ACGME accredited program.
- Licensed in Florida. We will consider candidates who are in process of applying or may still need to apply.
- Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, 403B Retirement Plan, CME, and many other perks.
- Relocation allowance will be provided.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
- We are a not-for-profit entity - 501(c)(3). Physicians can participate in the PSLF Program if employed by FPG.
Please contact Lana Griffin, Provider Recruiter, to learn more about this opportunity.
First Physicians Group is one of Florida's Gulf Coast's leaders in primary and specialty care with an impressive 26-year history in the community. With 270+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers in 30 different specialties and 42 practice locations, it is backed by the tradition and strength of Sarasota Memorial Hospital.