Searching for a Critical Care trained physician to join our award winning group of intensivists at HSHS St. John’s Hospital in Springfield, Illinois, just 3 hours from Chicago and 90 minutes from St. Louis. This is an employed position with HSHS Medical Group which is affiliated with Hospital Sisters Health System. HSHS has 15 hospitals across Illinois and Wisconsin and generates more than $1.5 billion in revenue annually and employs more than 14,000 people.
Highlights of the opportunity are as follows:
- The Intensivists team is a stable group of highly skilled and trained physicians
- 7 day on/7 day off schedule & 12 hour shifts
- Full time intensivist works 146 shifts a year - extra shifts available at a premium rate
- The ICU features 36 beds.
- St. John's Hospital is a 430+ bed facility and is designated as a Level I Trauma Center
Very competitive compensation plan. Full time is 146 shifts per year and if you work extra shifts (completely voluntary) you are paid at a premium. We also have a commencement bonus (paid on first paycheck), quality bonus, housing incentive and excellent benefits.
Highlights of the Springfield Community:
- Just a short 90 minute drive from St. Louis and 3 hours to Chicago
- Thriving business community with a population of over 190,000
- Excellent private and public schools including a private and state university.
- 9 public golf courses, several country club golf courses
- Large 4,200 acre lake with waterfront property
- Wildlife sanctuaries, zoo, numerous parks with hiking/bike trails and a water park