Join Indiana University Health Physicians and System Health Solutions group in a Lead Physician role in the Indianapolis area!
Our System Health Solutions group includes our Urgent Care facilities and our Business Solutions employee sponsored clinics.
We are seeking a patient focused Lead Physician with a philosophy of collaboration and teamwork.
This role is 80% clinical and 20% administrative.
Our exceptional care and continued excellence have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for 23 consecutive years. IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best and is the #1 ranked healthcare system in Indiana. With 16 hospitals and hundreds of clinics, we are the state's largest healthcare system.
IU Health partners with the nation's largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine offering leading-edge medicine and treatment options for our patients.
- Leads, manages, directs and is accountable for all practice clinical services for our Urgent Care and Business Solutions locations
- Responsible for appropriateness, quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the medical care provided by our physicians and advanced practice providers
- Develop and implement policies and guidelines, assess clinical activities and performance, maintain and enhance teaching and clinical research opportunities
- Participate with senior leadership teams in implementing system protocols, policies and procedures for evidence-based medicine practices
- 16 hours per week of administrative time; 9 clinical shifts per month within our Urgent Care practices
- Shifts in urgent care include 12-hour shifts (weekdays 8a-8p); may include an occasional 10-hour weekend shift
- Physician oversight duties for our Urgent Care and our Business Solutions advanced practice providers
- Must be MD or DO
- BC in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine or Urgent Care required
- Emergency medicine and/or urgent care experience preferred
- Occupational medicine experience preferred
- 3-5 yrs of progressive leadership experience preferred
- We offer a strong compensation model with a comprehensive benefits package including group insurance (health, dental, life, disability), 401k with company match, PTO, relocation assistance, and occurrence-based malpractice insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider employment opportunities await with Indiana University Health Physicians.
IU Health Physicians group, which employs over 2,000 physicians and advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state, is one of the fastest-growing, comprehensive, multi-specialty practice groups in Indiana. IUHP also serves as the faculty practice plan of the IUSM and brings together IUSM faculty physicians, IU Health affiliated physicians and private practice physicians to give highly skilled doctors access to innovative treatments using the latest research and technology.
A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine provides patients with the most innovative treatments and latest technologies offering more treatment options than anywhere in the state. IU School of Medicine also creates unique research and teaching opportunities vital to medical advancement.
About IU Health Physicians:
- Comprehensive primary and specialty physician network, which provides access to extensive clinical expertise
- Physician-led and physician-managed practice group which is dedicated to high-quality, patient-focused care comprised of more than 25 physician practice groups
- Over 2,000 board certified and board-eligible physicians, over 650 advanced providers at more than 175 locations across the state
- Leader in the use of electronic medical records (EMR); over 90% of IU Health Physicians use EMR to improve communication and coordination of patient records
- National leader in quality, through maintaining the highest clinical standards and commitment to rigorous quality initiatives
Indiana University Health National Recognition
- Indiana’s only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row, with 3 specialties ranked in the top 50.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report, and is the only nationally ranked children’s hospital in Indiana.
- Six hospitals are designated as Magnet® hospitals by the American Nurses Credentialing Center recognizing excellence in nursing care.
- IU Health Transplant is the only comprehensive transplant program in Indiana and one of the nation’s largest solid-organ transplant center.
- With more than 200 physician researchers leading the way to new treatments, IU Health Simon Cancer Center is Indiana’s only National Cancer Institute-designated patient care center.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure.
Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" nine consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- Eagle Creek and the suburbs of Westfield and Fishers have been named to Money Magazine's list of the Best Places to Live in America
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and national biking awards
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis, Louisville, and Cincinnati