APP with critical care experience needed at LewisGale Medical Center in Salem, Virginia for intensivist program.
- NPs must be trained and certified as Acute Care NPs and both NPs and PAs must have significant ICU experience as an APP
- 24 hour physician coverage of 24 bed ICU
- Open ICU model with mandatory intensivist consult
- 12 hour shifts 7 am – 7 pm/7 pm – 7 am
- 15 shifts per month in 3-5 day blocks
- Rotating schedule covering days and nights
- Must be proficient with, and credentialed to perform routine Critical Care procedures including central and arterial line placement, thoracentesis, intubations and management of mechanical ventilation, and work independently
- Competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package including health, dental, life insurance, stock options, 401k with company match, disability, Paid Time off, CME allowance and days, and more
- Professional development program with leadership training and mentoring
- Appropriate staffing models and flexible scheduling
- Occurrence based malpractice Insurance
- Expert practice management including privileging, provider enrollment, and billing and collections
- Unmatched growth and leadership opportunities
About ICC Healthcare, LewisGale Medical Center and LewisGale Regional Health System
- ICC Healthcare employees over 350 providers in 45 programs with 6-8 new programs opening each year.
- Last year, our providers had over 250,000 patient encounters nationwide.
- ICC Healthcare is part of the HCA system of care. HCA owns and operates 185 facilities in 21 states providing services to over 26 million patients annually.
- The success of the ICC intensivist program relies on strong team building strategies within the ICU, the hardwiring of best practice evidence base protocols and streamlining the delivery of hospital wide critical care services.
- Our physicians have the ability to impact change on a national scale through our association with HCA.
- We believe work/life balance is an important and strive to help providers maintain this balance.
- We are a physician driven company that values physician input and experience.
- Opportunities are available to participate in GME through HCA’s commitment to residency and fellowship programs.
- Our partnership with HCA provides access to data on a large scale and allows us to test and implement new models of care and management for the best interest of our patients and physicians.
- 506-bed facility
- Regional leader in utilizing the latest imaging, surgical and medical technology
- Serves as LewisGale Regional Health System’s tertiary facility for specialized care, offering a multitude of medical and surgical specialties
- Accredited Stroke Center
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- LewisGale Regional Health System includes four hospitals, two cancer centers, and six outpatient centers.
- We partner with hundreds of physicians – both independent and employed – who share our common commitment of providing superior, compassionate care and evidence-based medicine. Our network of hospitals consistently ranks among the top in the nation for clinical outcomes and evidence-based clinical processes.
As a place to live and play, the southwest region of Virginia has it all with a comfortable climate and the best of all four seasons. Roanoke’s ‘innovation corridor’ has become a hub for tech-forward industries such as healthcare, technology and advanced manufacturing. Our scenic beauty offers opportunity to balance work with recreation. Whether it is enjoying the arts and culture, hiking on the Appalachian Trail, water sports on Smith Mountain Lake, or biking in the nation’s 2nd largest municipal park. With nationally recognized colleges and universities within 30 minutes, including Virginia Tech and Radford University, the area continues to attract innovative companies to our talent-rich and business-friendly environment. Conveniently located, the area offers easy drives to Washington, DC and Richmond, VA.