The ideal candidate will oversee the development, application and the maintenance of certification of the program in compliance with Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements and the Policies and Procedures of the Sponsoring Institution. The residency program will start July 2023.
Candidates must possess excellent interpersonal, administrative, and team-building skills. You will enjoy having complete hospital dedication and financial support for developing a top-quality program.
• Clinical Teaching and Supervision of Residents
• Core Program Clinical Teaching
• General Administration
• GME Committees/Meetings
• GME Lecturing/Teaching Conferences
• GME Recruiting/Interviewing
• GME Research/Scholarly Activity
• Resident Evaluation/Mentoring
• Program Evaluation
• Board Certified in Emergency Medicine
• Have previous leadership / administrative experience
• Be willing to combine Administrative and Diagnostic (teaching) Responsibilities (50/50)
• Have strong administrative and team building skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must have five years of participation as an active faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program, and at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
Candidates with recent scholarly activity such as peer reviewed funding, publication of original research or review articles in peer-reviewed journals, chapters in textbooks, publication or presentation of case reports or clinical series at scientific society meetings, or participation in national committees or educations organizations highly encouraged to apply.
About Mission Hospital:
- Western NC’s flagship hospital licensed with 815 beds
- Regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care, and the region’s only Level II trauma center
- New 630,000 square foot North Tower, including state-of-the-art 94-bed emergency department
- 220-bed acute and critical care facility
- Mission Children’s Hospital provides over 30 pediatric subspecialists
Whether you enjoy outdoor adventures, arts and culture, live music, shopping or fine cuisine, Asheville offers something for everyone! With over 200 waterfalls and four navigable rivers, hiking trails for all skill levels, fantastic terrain for both road and mountain bikes, it is no surprise that Asheville is consistently rated one of the top US places to live. Asheville is known not only for its dynamic food scene and microbreweries but also for ethnic and exotic dining at the area’s 250-plus independent restaurants. Asheville offers over 20 city and county public schools, a variety of faith-based schools with challenging curriculums as well as a number of private schools, including some of the best boarding schools in the US. Residents also enjoy easy access to air travel nearby in Asheville, Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC.