Vidant Medical Group and Vidant Medical Center, located in Greenville, North Carolina, are seeking plastic and reconstructive surgeons to join their growing surgical program. Applicants should be board eligible or board certified in plastic surgery. Applicants with post-residency fellowship training in craniofacial, microsurgery, or hand surgery are encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will have responsibility for performing the full spectrum of reconstructive plastic surgery. Vidant Medical Center is eastern North Carolina’s only level 1 trauma center and the destination for specialty surgical care.
- Employment by Vidant Medical Group
- Hospital privileges at Vidant Medical Center
- Opportunity available due to Vidant Medical Group expansion
- Access to a nationally recognized Ambulatory Surgery Center for outpatient procedures
- Established comprehensive surgical program
- Built in referral network
- Dedicated block OR scheduling
- Expansive referral network consisting of 29 counties and over 1.4 million people
- Full practice support by Vidant Medical Group
- Comprehensive compensation and benefit package including base salary and bonus structure
- Full physician benefit package including relocation
Vidant Medical Center
Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina, is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University. Vidant Medical Center is a 974-bed tertiary referral center providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation and outpatient health services to a 29-county region that is home to more than 1.4 million people. In recognition of its nursing excellence and high-quality patient care, Vidant Medical Center has been designated a Magnet® facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Located in the heart of Eastern North Carolina, Greenville (pop. 91,495) is an ideal, family-oriented community that serves as a regional hub for education, entertainment, healthcare and shopping. Greenville is 45 miles east of I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), a vibrant college community with an annual enrollment of more than 28,000 students
- Division I athletics (American Athletic Conference) and nationally recognized theatre, arts and music programs
- Cost of living below the national average, diverse and affordable housing and excellent educational opportunities, public and private
- Investment of more than $500 million in downtown Greenville’s revitalization, bringing new restaurants, shops, businesses and residents to the area
- 25 city-owned recreation and parks facilities including greenways, gymnasiums, sports