Join our team as a PRN Nurse Practitioner for our on-site health center for the Union Wellness Center in Rosemont, IL! This health center has a proactive, educative approach where employees are motivated to adopt healthy lifestyles and practices.
As a PRN Nurse Practitioner, you will conduct exams and develop plans, within the scope of your professional license, to evaluate and treat injuries, acute illnesses, and chronic conditions. This includes coordinating and facilitating wellness activities, performing diagnostic tests and screenings, and prescribing medications and medical devices. You will spend your time educating members about preventative care and medical treatments and performing minor surgical interventions when needed. The PRN Nurse Practitioner will also collaborate with the care team around wellness outcomes for high risk members in order to create personal health plans and drive positive behavior changes.
This PRN position will be as needed and will float to cover shifts at our Union Wellness Centers located across the Greater Chicago area.
*This position has a projected start date of early October 2021*
- At least 8 years total combine higher education and related work experience, including:
- 1 year direct patient care work experience
- 7 years of higher education and/or additional work experience directly related to the duties of this job including:
- Masters degree in Nursing or equivalent relevant work experience
- Licensed as a Family Nurse Practitioner (state of IL)
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support Certification
- Willing to work on a flexible schedule as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Must live in or near the Rosemont, IL area