BEAUTIFUL BECKLEY VA MEDICAL CENTER
1 license/50 States - 49 days paid time off annually - No Overhead or Insurance Company’s to deal with! Practice Pure Medicine
Relocation, quality of life and great Incentives await
- As a VA Anesthesiologist the possibilities are endless! Care for Veterans in beautiful Beckley, West Virginia. We are seeking a BC/BE Anesthesiologist to provide comprehensive anesthesia services as well as follow-up care of existing conditions and management of emergency conditions.
- Provide Pre-Operative and Post-Operative Anesthesia Services, including hospital rounds, for surgical patients.
- The Beckley VA Medical Center is a small scale 15 inpatient bed facility with a 4 bed ICU and 1 bed step down. The small medical center that functions more like a surgical center instead of a major OR. General cases are performing Laps, ortho, NO joints, NO vascular. Limited ENT; colonoscopies; and bronchoscopies. Recently performing - Blocks and moderate sedation procedures. 30% directly involved in the cases. Case Load – 10 cases a day, majority endoscopy procedures.
- Supervision of 2 CRNA's in the administration of anesthesia for surgical cases and be capable of providing any needed anesthesia consultation.
- Document services through appropriate, note, such as History and Physical, Anesthesia consultation notes.
- Be available for back up call for consultation as needed.
- Participate in clinical research protocols either developed locally in cooperation with other faculty or developed at other institutions for multi-center studies.
- Supervise CRNA Students, Residents or Physician Assistants.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30AM - 4:00PM NO weekends or holidays.
West Virginia – Almost Heaven!
Known for incredible outdoor adventure and stunning scenic views, every experience in West Virginia tells a different story. Come, see and experience almost heaven for yourself. Raft our world-class whitewater. Indulge in luxury at one of our first-class resorts. Explore our many mountain towns brimming with arts and culture. And best of all, take a scenic drive down one of our famous country roads. Your version of heaven
Enjoy living in ‘Wild and Wonderful’ West Virginia, one of the nation’s most beautiful, natural playgrounds - Beckley, West Virginia! We have it all, beautiful mountains, streams, lakes - truly an outdoor adventure for each season of the year. Enjoy the golfing, biking, hiking, fishing and camping opportunities. Visit the nearby White Sulphur Springs, home of The Greenbrier PGA Classic Tour offering world-class recreational opportunities or the local ‘Resort at Glade Springs,’ a full-service resort offering 3 championship golf courses.
Beckley is conveniently located off Interstate 77 and I-64 and the Raleigh County Memorial Airport offers daily scheduled flights to other cities. We have it all; rural retreats and country culture, steep hills and deep valleys, scenic vistas, serene retreats, and serious adventure! This is Almost Heaven! The Greenbrier – America’s Resort
Veteran Affairs Physicians practice medicine more and spend less time on business tasks. Enjoy an environment that supports an interdisciplinary care team approach that delivers state-of-the-art medicine using some of the most advanced medical techniques and technologies in the Nation. No dealing with insurance company’s and no overhead. Practice pure medicine.
About the VA
Beckley VA Medical Center
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories. Learn more at: Veterans Health Administration
Call to action:
Please forward your C.V.