MyCare Medical Group is a leading Managed Care Organization providing high quality health care to Medicare and Medicare Advantage patients in 34 centers within 6 counties in the state of Florida and growing.
Our goal is to provide to our patients the exceptional service. Hence, MyCare Medical is experiencing exponential growth and is in search of quality and committed physician leaders to help guide our team to the next level.
At MyCare Medical, our physicians and friendly, professional staff provide VIP care from the moment patients enter our clinics. We have one common goal, providing quality health care. We take pride in coordinating patient care whether it is at one of our state-of-the-art clinics, specialist offices, rehabs, or at the local hospitals.
MyCare Medical is looking for dynamic Chief Medical Officer located in our Land O' Lakes, FL central office.
The Chief Medical Officer is responsible for managing all aspects of clinical performance for 40+ Physician Providers, 8 Area Medical Directors and 35+ Mid-Level providers at MyCare Medical. Key areas of performance management include:
- HEDIS & Stars Quality scores
- Care Management metrics (Part A, B and D)
- MRA program
- Treatment Protocols and Standard of Care Decisions
- Clinic workflows and processes.
The CMO also leads the Medical Executive Committee (MEC) and partners closely with the CEO of MyCare Medical as well as the VP of Clinical Operations on day-to-day performance of the business.
It is expected that the CMO spends at least 3 days per week (preferably 4 or 5 days) on administrative duties across the network. They will spend the remaining time practicing in one of our local clinics.
The Chief Medical Officer ensures high quality, cost-effective patient-centered care by leading clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the MyCare Medical network. The Chief Medical Officer provides senior-level leadership to the risk management, care management, and medical recruiting, onboarding, training and credentialing functions, thereby ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all cross-functional stakeholders in these processes.
The Chief Medical Officer also analyses clinical and business performance at individual clinics (and in the aggregate), and actively works as part of the Executive Management Team (EMT) to turn-around performance at clinics where metrics are falling short of goals.
- Leads clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
- Works with the Medical Executive Committee, medical staffs, and Boards of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of all practices and the company as a whole.
- Partners with medical staffs and central office management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Represents medical staff viewpoints to management and relays management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between MyCare Medical leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
- Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost-effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
- Creates a data-driven environment of quality and cost improvement and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Serves as a direct liaison between MyCare-affiliated physicians and facility/corporate clinical services functions.
- Establishes and maintains an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for the Medical Executive Committees and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
- Leads educational sessions and provides ongoing in-service programs to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities, in collaboration with the clinical leadership in the facility.
- Assembles regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to MyCare Medical senior management and serves as a liaison between committees and corporate leadership, as well as to affiliated physicians.
- As needed, provides oversight for intervention programs in the region.
- Provides recommendations in the development and/or revision of MyCare policies and procedures pertinent to the medical staff.
- Evaluates clinical appropriateness of new medical technologies and programs, and makes recommendations concerning the relevance of such technologies and programs to MyCare Medical.
- Serves as a resource and consultant to the Vice President of Field Operations, Vice President Clinical Operations and other members of the Executive Team in physician recruitment, clinical program development, and overall MyCare strategy.
- Provides medical director services to facility-level physician credentialing, business development, and provider relations in contracting issues.
- Provides medical consultation on contracting, pricing, and analysis of managed care issues. Offers clinical support case management, and utilization review/management.
- Consults with facility-level staff regarding delegated utilization management and disease management operations under managed care contracts. Meets all regulatory/contractual/accreditation requirements associated with these functions.
- Attends corporate, group, area and national meetings sponsored by MyCare to train and support quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, case management, and physician relations activities. Quality/Evidence-Based Practice/Patient Safety
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Provides clinical support and guidance in the development and deployment of all quality initiatives designed to increase the practice of evidence-based medicine within MyCare facilities. Utilizes outcomes management techniques to monitor and improve care, quality, and safety. Demonstrates commitment and dedication to communicating the importance and precepts of evidence-based practice.
- Serves as a spokesperson for evidence-based clinical practice, patient safety, and clinical loss prevention to facility leadership and clinicians.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) required
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred
- 20+ years of experience in clinical practice required
- Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex physician practice preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team in collaborative settings required * Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, and external contacts
- Must possess strong clinical skills in the management of seniors with complex medical needs throughout all environments of care
- Strong leadership and communication skills, the ability to build relationships with external organizations, and interest in information technology applications in medical settings
- Ability to effectively work across multiple markets and teams to optimize the performance of local leaders and their teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems
- Good analytical skills and the ability to manage for results * Excellent medical skills with proven positive outcomes
- Conflict management and resolution skills, and ideally, experience of population risk management or complex chronic disease care management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 40% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING:
- Board Certified Physician required
- State medical board licensed required Have an MD or DO from an accredited medical or osteopathic institution; be board certified in internal medicine, family medicine or primary care