Centra Medical Group is seeking a BC Neurosurgeon to join our growing neurosurgical practice providing complex spine, cranial, and cerebrovascular care to the region. Join three other full-time neurosurgeons and a team of advanced practice providers focused on providing excellent neurosurgical care with a focus on quality improvement, patient experience, and team-based care. Centra's growing neurosurgical practice has specific plans to develop a comprehensive approach to spine care led by neurosurgery.
- 3 FT Neurosurgeons
- 5 APPs
- NICU / NIMU
Hospital & Department details:
- 358 bed hospital
- Level II Trauma Center
- Dedicated Neuro ICU and Neuro Intermediate Unit
- Neuro ICU led by board certified Neurocritical care physician
- 24/7 In-house Critical Care Coverage
- Acute Rehab
- Primary Stroke Center
- Neurointervention, epilepsy, and movement disorders as part of the Brain & Spine Service Line
- Collaborative approach to care in partnership with IP/OP Rehab, PM&R.
- Currently amid developing a comprehensive spine collaborative to provide cohesive spine care for the community.
- Dyad led service line model.
- Two primary practice sites in Lynchburg and Farmville with additional satellite clinics in Gretna and Danville.
- Provide leadership for the Brain & Spine service line to design and implement systems of care that engage patients and caregivers alike to achieve optimal outcomes for patients with neurological conditions in partnership with the service line medical director and administrative leadership.
- Partner with providers, administration, nursing and frontline caregivers to continually improve operational performance of the service line across all sites.
- Opportunity to lead efforts to develop spine care delivery systems throughout Centra and the community.
- Provide leadership for transitioning to value-based payment systems.
- Member of Brain and Spine Council that sets strategy, finance, and quality for service line.
- Position has oversight of both neurology and neurosurgery.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation package
- Up to $100k in student loan repayment
- Up to $10k in relocation assistance
- Up to $7,500 CME Allowance
- Matching 403(b) (100% match up to 3%)
- Health, dental, and vision insurance, as well as supplemental options
- Malpractice insurance covered
About Centra Medical Group:
Centra Medical Group (CMG) is comprised of 500+ Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers and serves 600,000 central and southern Virginians. CMG offers an integrated healthcare system, including 4 hospitals, 4 long-term care facilities, 70+ physician practices, including primary care, medical, and surgical specialists. At Centra Medical Group you’ll find the kind of leadership (physician-led), forward-thinking, and partnerships necessary to thrive in today’s healthcare marketplace. Our providers at Centra are part of Archetype Health, an ACO that delivers value-based care to our Medicare patients and populations. With the success of Archetype Health, our patients are receiving high quality care and our providers are being incentivized. Explore your exciting options with Centra Medical Group!
Lifestyle and Community:
Located in the heart of Virginia, Lynchburg is a thriving city known for its history, outdoor beauty, and quality of life. It’s big enough to offer amenities such as convenient air and rail service, yet small enough to be free of gridlock and urban crime rates. Lynchburg is conveniently located along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Central Virginia, just three hours from Washington, D.C. and coastal beaches, and only minutes from lakefront communities, mountaintop trails, and ski slopes. The area also provides a broad range of housing options, acclaimed schools, a vibrant arts community, and temperate weather.