Family Medicine Physician- Ruidoso, New Mexico
Work with a dedicated team of healthcare professionals to provide Primary Care services to patients of Lincoln County and surrounding areas. The ideal candidate for this position should have excellent patient service skills, be able to work with an integrated healthcare team, and make decisions about patient health and safety.
You'll Love Practicing Here!
- We are a supportive and well-known organization in New Mexico that has sustained stability and longevity, especially during COVID.
- Most recognized healthcare system in New Mexico
- 300 days of sunshine
- Great place for the outdoor/sports enthusiast
What We’re Offering:
- Join an established, multi-specialty medical group
- A collegial work environment with easy access to well-qualified specialists
- Enjoy all of New Mexico’s beauty and lifestyle
- Nationally competitive salary with relocation allowance available
- Generous time off program (vacation, sick leave, CME, and holiday)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- CME allowance
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- Exceptional retirement plans - 403b retirement savings program with both matching program and employer contributions
- Traditional outpatient role with pediatric call (inpatient) equally shared with the team
- Provider will have 36 hours of scheduled patient care and 4 hours of administrative time per week. M-F Schedule
- APC and RN Support
- Medical assistant paired with a provider
- Patient volume is average 15 to 25 patients per day
- Private office space
- MyChart Patient Portal
What We're Seeking
- Must be BC/BE in Family Medicine
- Completion of a three-year residency in family medicine
- Comfortable with covering inpatient pediatric call and newborn nursery
- Outstanding patient care qualities, highly motivated with an interest to grow their practice
- Patient-focused and willing to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Ability to obtain a medical license to practice in the state of New Mexico
- PALS and NRP certification
Who we are:
Presbyterian Healthcare Services exists to improve the health of patients, members, and the communities we serve. We are a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan, and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, we are the state’s largest private employer with nearly 14,000 employees – including more than 1,600 providers and nearly 4,700 nurses.
About Lincoln County Medical Center
Located in Ruidoso, NM, Lincoln County Medical Center is a 250bed, critical access hospital with associated clinics in Ruidoso and rural Lincoln County. Lincoln County Medical Center has served the Ruidoso and Lincoln County community since 1950 when the facility first opened as the Ruidoso-Hondo Valley General Hospital. Lincoln County Medical Center is owned by the County of Lincoln, and since 1972, Lincoln County Medical Center has been leased and managed by Presbyterian Healthcare Services, a statewide integrated healthcare system.
What the Area Offers:
Nestled between the tall pines and mountain vistas at an elevation of 6,900 feet, Ruidoso is home to Presbyterian Lincoln County Medical Center, which has served the community and surrounding areas since 1950 when the facility first opened as the Ruidoso-Hondo Valley General Hospital.
With a population of nearly 20,000, Lincoln County offers many larger-town amenities in a smaller-community environment, including:
- Five public school districts throughout the area and a branch campus of Eastern New Mexico University that offers associate degree and various certificate programs.
- Many real estate listings for move-in-ready homes, including gated communities and country club memberships, as well as developments for building or purchasing land close to town for ranching.
- Many local churches of various religious affiliations.
Things to Do:
- Skiing and snowboarding at Ski Apache on the sacred Sierra Blanca Mountain
- Fishing and other water activities at Grindstone Lake, Mescalero Lake, Alto Lake, and Rio Ruidoso
- Hiking and biking along many tree-lined trails and various outdoor activities
- Golfing at one of the seven public and private courses
- Shopping in the Midtown Shopping District for unique clothing, art, and restaurants
- Attending the horse races at Ruidoso Downs Racetrack
- Seeing a show at Spencer Theater or touring many of the many local art galleries
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED/NMHRA. PHS is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace.