General Anesthesiologist Opportunity – Farmville, VA
- Our Anesthesia team has great relationships with our Surgeons. Our Surgeons appreciate their skillset and expertise, which creates an excellent work environment and a truly team-based approach.
- Practice model includes care team, medical supervision, OB coverage including epidurals and C-sections.
- Call: No in house call requirements, 1:5 pager call
- Case mix (10-15% doing own cases):
- General surgery, ortho, strong regional anesthesia program, OB/GYN, urology, endoscopy, peds dental, ophthalmology, extremely rare trauma. No hearts or neuro.
Physician Compensation & Benefits:
- $450k+ total compensation
- $30,000 in upfront bonuses
- Up to $100,000 in educational loan repayment
- Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance
- $7,500 CME allowance
- 9 weeks’ vacation
- 403(b) and 457(b) tax deferred savings plan; Immediate vested employer contribution match
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Completion of medical degree and residency training in an anesthesia specialty from an AMA approved program or other schools with credentials approved by the Medical Staff and Board of Centra.
- MD/DO with certification by an American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS) board in physician's primary specialty. Must be board certified or in the process of certifying.
- Strong regional anesthesia and OB anesthesia skills required
Lifestyle and Community:
Farmville is a vibrant and growing small town located in the heart of Virginia. Two reputable universities, Longwood and Hampden Sydney, bring culture and arts to the area and the 31 mile long High Bridge Trail offers great walking and cycling (new single track trails added) opportunities and is accessible right in the busy historic shopping district. Gorgeous countryside, rich history, good restaurants, a brewery, a hip updated hotel with rooftop bar, and a wine tasting room round out the fun. Richmond, Charlottesville, and Lynchburg are all between a 50 and 75 minute drive.