Seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Radiation Oncologist to join our joint commission accredited cancer center. Leadership experience preferred. Experience or licensure in high-dose rate brachytherapy required.
- Base salary of $584,195* for initial two year contract.
* 5% less for those not yet boarded, salary adjusted accordingly upon board certification
2-year contract also includes:
- Vacation: 272 hours of holidays/sick days (34 PTO days).
- CME/Books & Journals: 80 hours (10 days PTO) and up to $7,000
- Deferred compensation: 457b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes. No matching.
- Retirement / Savings Plan: 403b plan. Defer compensation up to IRS limit of $19,500 year before taxes under age 50 and $26,000 for over age 50. SOMC matches dollar for dollar up to 2% of base pay.
- Moving Expense: $10,000 paid to moving company
- Malpractice Insurance Coverage: in a claims made insurance, in an amount of $1,000,000, per claim/$3,000,000, aggregate
- Health Insurance: physician pays small premium, deducted from paycheck
- Liquidated Damages: 70 mile and 2 year non-compete clause or liquidated damages of one year salary
- Medical School Loan Repayment: repay up to $200,000 ($25,000 per year for each year of service commitment)
- Residency Stipend: up to $25,000 (requires up to 2 year service commitment)
- Sign on Bonus: 15% of base salary up to $100,000 (paid when contract signed and forgiven over 2-4 years depending on amount of bonus)
- Bonus Incentives: excellent bonus incentives up to 30% of salary
- Practice Location
- SOMC Radiation Oncology Associates
SOMC Cancer Center
1121 Kinneys Lane
Portsmouth, OH 45662
- Office Hours/Work Schedule
- Monday – Friday 8:00a-4:30p
- 1 RN
- 3.3 Radiation Therapists
- 1 Physicist
- 1 Dosimetrist
- Administrative support shared with Medical Oncology
- Call Schedule/CERP (if applicable):
- Call is continuous with very few emergencies or calls after hours
- Case Load
- Linear Accelerator Volume – 18-25 patients/day
- Consultation and Follow-ups – 60-100/mth
- External Beam Radiation Therapy, Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy, Partial Breast Irradiation, Other HDR Procedures, Electron Therapy, Simulation, and Verification Simulation – combined case load of 20/day
- Elekta Versa HD
- Phillips CT
- Microselectron HDR Unit
- Phillips Treatment Planning
- MOSAIQ electronic medical record integrated to hospital-wide Meditech Expanse
- Practice Expectations
- Leadership experience
- Cancer Conference Coordinator
- Participation in weekly tumor board meetings
What are some of our key expectations for SOMC Medical Directors?
- We expect you to fully embrace the Servant Leadership Model.
- We expect you to embrace and model each of our Expectations for SOMC Leaders.
- We expect you to be a respectful team player and to hold your colleagues accountable for being the same.
- We expect you to become a lifelong student of leadership and to participate in SOMC’s rigorous leadership learning opportunities.
- We expect you to support our anger-free workplace in word and deed.
- We expect you to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with your administrative partners to achieve and sustain exceptional organizational results.
- We expect you to find A Better Way (ABW) every day.
- We expect you to behave as a physician leader instead of a typical physician.
- We expect you to manage your feelings and the feelings of others.
- We expect you to show up to required meetings prepared and on time.
- We expect you to do what needs to be done despite how you feel.
- We expect you to do what you say you will do when you say you will do it.
- We expect you to demonstrate a strong work ethic.
- We expect you to be a role model for safety, quality, customer service, effective team relationships, and financial stewardship.
- We expect you to be passionately engaged in learning about, sustaining and strengthening the SOMC Leadership culture.
- Review a Leadership Expectation presentation with VP of Medical Affairs during on-site interview.
What tasks must aspiring Medical Directors complete before scheduling a 2nd visit?
- Ask clarifying questions.
- Read and reflect on The Leadership Test.
- Download, read, reflect on and return a signed copy of The SOMC Leadership Culture: An Informed Consent and Commitment Document For Aspiring SOMC Leaders to your office manager.
- Download and study Expectations for SOMC Leaders.
- Study the Meeting Leadership Expectations checklist.
- Read and study carefully, How to Succeed with Continuous Improvement: A Primer for Becoming the Best in the World.
- Participate in and study your feedback report from the SOMC Perceptions of Leadership Strengths (PoLS) 360-degree evaluation.
- Read Strengths Based Leadership, complete the associated online survey and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Complete the online Jung Typology Test™ and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Read What Motivates Me, complete the associated online survey and send your results to Vicki Noel.
- Study and return a signed copy of Successful Physician Leadership Behavior to your office manager or administrative partner.
- After completing all of these tasks, notify your office manager you are fully informed and committed for the long haul.
- Present a Personal Leadership Plan (PLP) to key stakeholders on how you plan to become a successful member of the SOMC Leadership Team (presentation template will be given to you).
Hospital Beds: 248 staffed | Service Area: 250,000 | Not-for-profit established in 1966 | Employs: over 3,000 | Medical Staff: 281
Teaching opportunities: SOMC has Medical Students, Residents, and Advanced Practitioner trainees. Staff are eligible for Clinical Adjunct Faculty status with Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
All employment is contingent upon passing the post-offer physical examination, drug and nicotine test, and criminal background investigation.